Saturday, January 10, 2009

Other People - LHex, The LEGO RHex

I have always been fascinated by a particular robot - RHex, the six legged robot that moves by rotating three of its legs at a time. I first saw it on the Discovery Channel program Prototype This! where the engineers attempted to created a full size version of RHex suitable for human transportation. When I first saw RHex I knew I would have to atleast attempt at building a NXT version. Sadly, atleast for now, I can't really do that with my only basic knowledge of gearing and one NXT. But that's okay, because after some searching I found LHex, a NXT version of RHex. Below you will find two videos; the first is RHex and the second is LHex. Enjoy! (I suggest you watch the two videos at the same time to notice the similarity)



No comments:

Post a Comment