Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clgfive - BlueTooth and SegCar GS

About a week and a half ago I went online in search of a cheap BlueTooth dongle. First I looked at stores where I could just walk in, buy it, and leave, but they were too expense ($30 or so). So then I went to eBay, and for some reason unknown to me I actually found one for $3 from a power seller (that's including shipping). Great buy, right! Well, after some thinking I realized it could not work, but I was still convinced it would. And what do you know- it did! It came in an envelope, and it was just this little yellow USB dongle. I plug it in, knowing there is a slight chance for it to blow up, but it doesn't, a little box pops up, I enter some passwords and what not, and presto, it is all hooked up to my NXT. So then, thinking that I would have to write some sort of extensive program to get the car mode of my SegCar GS to work with NXT Remote, I open it up just to make sure it can connect to the NXT. It does, so I get bored and press a few buttons and guess what- I didn't need a program to run it! So all in all I'm happy. Here is a video and a picture of the BlueTooth Dongle of it being used with the SegCar GS:






No comments:

Post a Comment